Look One: Black Milk Cape, Leggings & Shoes, Lime Crime Suedeberry
Look Two: Black Milk Cape & Dress, Jeffrey Campbell Shoes
Look Three: Black Milk Cape & Leggings, Jeffrey Campbell Shoes
This black velvet cape is extremely special. Awhile ago, the Southwest Sharkie group got together and purchased a cape from Black Milk. Now we're passing it around to each of the members and seeing where it goes and how everyone styles it. This is my contribution!
1. Geode Jewelry - A piece of geode jewelry is the one trendy piece I'd love to own this season. Whether it's a pair of earrings or a bracelet, a geode really makes a statement.
2. Embroidered Dress - I've been dying for a white dress with blue or black embroidery for so long and this summer is the time to get one!
3. Straw Hat - My floppy summer hat has lost all of its flop and while I could DIY some wire to give it shape, I'm hoping to get a stylish fedora!
4. Embellished Septum Ring - I own a plain septum ring and a jeweled clicker, but I've seen plenty of fancy septum jewelry and think it could really add to my collection!
5. Sandals - I don't actually own a pair of sandals so that's why I'd love a pair for summer!
Labels: Fab Five
As I'm getting back into Runway Reviews, it was difficult to determine which runway I wanted to cover first. Like always, I started out by browsing NY Mag's "The Cut: Runway" which has catalogs of all the most recent runways. Currently we're in Spring 2016 Bridal which doesn't interest me too much yet (no boyfriend = no marriage in my foreseeable future) so I jumped straight to Fall 2015 Ready to Wear and my eye was immediately drawn to Givenchy's line. This was mainly because the first dress was a velvet and lace number and the model had excessive facial piercings!
Givenchy is known for being dark and gothic and when I dove into images of this collection, it did not disappoint me. Riccardo Tisci's F/W 2015 RTW line is full of chiffon, velvet and lace where most of the clothes are either black, burnt orange or oxblood. This fits perfectly into my love of velvet and oxblood yet while I love black clothing, it makes it harder to see the detailed work because in photographs, black clothing comes across one-tone.
Vogue talked to Tisci backstage and he thought of his models as "Chola Victorian... the boss of the gang." The hair definitely lends itself to Latina imagery with kiss curls and long braids down the back while the choice of fabrics and silhouettes read Victorian.
The best part for me was definitely the facial accessories. Tisci has used faux septum piercings before in accessorizing his clothing but this time he took it a step further with five faux facial piercings, two faux nostril piercings in addition to a fake septum ring. Some of the arrangements gave the models little mustaches which I found quite comical. You can see this in the details below!
LOOKS I DIDN'T CARE FOR
Here's the link to the full collection! Which look is your favorite?
Labels: Runway Review
Shirt – H&M, Pants – Target, Necklace – Gift from Kaylee, Shoes – American Apparel, Lipstick – Urban Decay
Day one in Hawaii and everyone in my family was awake by 6:00am local time. Thanks to jetlag I took a beach run this morning and spent the day with my family paddle boarding, laying on the beach and walking around the beautiful city of Waikiki!